This Starbucks free Wi-Fi announcement is a lot bigger than most people probably think it is, here are a few unfermented thoughts bouncing around in my head about it:
- With Wi-Fi being free in 6,700 U.S. stores, and me living and working in the greater Seattle area – do I need a Mi-Fi device any longer?
- It is about damn time – I mean wake up and smell the coffee already (sorry).
- Oh I hope hotels follow suit.
- This is not going to be good for small coffee shops that relied on their free Wi-Fi as a selling point. Time to start making better coffee.
- They are working with Yahoo to get free paid content for customers for sites like WSJ – amazing.
- Biongo is going under.
- I think my iPad wet itself.
- Starbucks needs to add more seats in its stores.