This makes a lot of sense as the iPad running this OS lead to some confusion. iOS 4 however is a silly name (also I am hearing chatter that this name is already owned by Cisco, atleast the iOS part).
We already know a lot about this next version of the iOS so here are the key items:
- Folders for storing groups of apps together (this is going to be very underrated, but really popular)
- Unified email inbox – finally.
- Threaded email conversations – yay!
- Better enterprise integration – this will help Apple out on the biz side tremendously
- Can now use Google / Yahoo / Bing as search engine, Google stays default
- iAds looks great and is a great solution for Developers
- Available on June 21st
There is a lot more, but that is all that was touched on in the Keynote. Launching soon, no date given. (will update with links later)
Note: This site makes use of affiliate links, which may earn the site money when you buy using those links.