Last night my wife and I were too tired to cook and didn’t want to spend time in a restaurant – so we walked over to the Taco Time that is a few hundred feet away. What follows is from a discussion I was having with my wife (whom I am sure was bored) about this Google hubbub.
After explain the situation to her and toying with the idea of going Google-less in my life I came up with a few predictions about the future of Google.
(Note that for the past year now I have had a strong feeling that Google would not be around in 5 years – that is they would be around in the sense that AOL is still around now).
- Come next Spring Eric Schmidt will no longer be CEO.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin will take on the CEO role together. This will cause the media to fall in love with the company all over again.
- Google will get more ruthless in pushing Android phones.
- Google will start to make millions selling marketing research data (your data) to marketers over the next few years.
- We still won’t have Net-neutrality but Google will continue to flip-flop on the issue as it suits their needs.
That about covers it.