I have been using most of these for a while now – like Gruber I too do not have Flash installed on my Mac (with exception of Chrome) so some of these extensions are vital:
- Shaun Inman’s HTML5 Audio Extension – helps to alleviate your from Flash audio players.
- Sessions by David Yoo – a great way to save your current Safari state, especially when you want to restart your machine without losing your place.
- YouTube Wide by Pedrocc – makes those YouTube videos bigger, even if you don’t have flash.
- Breaking News by The New York Times – this cane be annoying as it drops down a bar along the top, but I found that I really like it 90% of the time. Most of my complaints come from what they deem ‘breaking news’.
- Vimeo Wide by Potatofactory – like YouTube wide, but for Vimeo.
- Keming by Jim Ray – make things more readable.
- View Style Sheets by Soner Eker – ever wonder how that element was styled, I do all the time.
- YouTube5 by Conor McKay – this is the best plugin, it forces YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook to play HTML5 versions of the video – this is a must have if you like battery life and keeping your Mac cool (temperature wise that is).
Now get to installing.
Note: This site makes use of affiliate links, which may earn the site money when you buy using those links.