David Marcus, in a comment on Hacker News, about all the complaints surrounding PayPal:
>[…]there’s a massive culture change happening at PayPal right now. If we suck at something, we now face it, and we do something about it.
There’s so much that’s fascinating about his statement. Let me just run through them:
1. This was sent publicly on a very nerdy link aggregation site. Not done via a Press Release or anything more private.
2. This sends the wrong message. This makes PayPal sound like a startup (again) and makes the company look rather unprofessional — not something you want your online bank sounding like.
3. That said, I love that he did this. The statements could be complete bullshit, but the fact that he had the savvy to respond to this criticism is fantastic.
4. This feels more like a response to the loss of customers, than it does a response to a real complaint.
5. PayPal is clearly worried about their future, because you don’t hire a guy that says the things Marcus is saying if you are riding high.
Should be interesting to watch if any changes happen.