- The lock screen is fucking gorgeous — I don’t care what anyone says.
- Control center negates the need for any flashlight apps and generally makes me a very happy man.
- The Today view in notification center is near perfection and eerily accurate. It’s the best way to keep your day on track and I hope developers (like todo list apps) are able to tie into that in the future.
- Auto-update is fantastic.
- You can set any IMAP account to archive emails instead of delete them. Praise be…
- In Settings, under Phone, you can set a list of blocked numbers. I put all the phone numbers of my exes in there — I recommend you do the same because it is glorious.
- Don’t be fooled, the Calendar app is a winner. I don’t care what anyone says.
The Not Good
- “Designers” still won’t shut up about the icons and typography.
- You still can’t get rid of Newsstand.
- Despite #1 on this list, the Camera app icon is horrid.
- Apple made it harder to manage playlists. When you wanted to add new songs to a playlist you used to be able to click
Edit > +and you would see a list of all your songs, but then you could tab to your Playlists to add songs from another playlist. For some asinine reason this has been removed. I hate whoever made this call.
- You can now swipe to unlock from anywhere on the lock screen — meaning not just in the “slider area”. This annoys me to no end because it feels imprecise.
Note: This site makes use of affiliate links, which may earn the site money when you buy using those links.