Here’s an interesting thought experiment: if you had to start over, buying all of your apps from scratch, in what order would you buy them (the assumption being you couldn’t afford to re-buy them all at once, but over time you could afford them all). I have been thinking about this for a while now and I started with a list of all the apps I normally use that I would need to purchase. From there I started arranging them in order of what I would buy first.
Here’s where I stand:
– [Dropbox](http://db.tt/nQKF6kW) ((Yes this is technically free, but if you want it to be a success you need to start paying.))
– [Keyboard Maestro](http://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/)
– [Parallels Desktop](http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/) ((This is higher on the list than I want it to be, but my job necessitates it.))
– [Reeder](http://madeatgloria.com/brewery/silvio/reeder) ((Assuming this will be priced above free.))
That’s my order — I’m curious to see how you would order your own list, if you have a blog and create a post like this please share it with me.
I’ll try to add links below as I get them.
### Reader’s Lists: ###
– [Jordan Patterson](http://www.thecheapgeek.org/what-software-would-you-buy-first)
– [Scott Jack](http://scojj.posterous.com/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Brian O’lyaryz](http://www.allisinfinite.com/post/5190137968/a-reply-to-ben-brooks)
– [Kennon Bickhart](http://kennonb.tumblr.com/post/5190760480/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Shadow Huard](http://smarterbits.tumblr.com/post/5189881667/re-what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Michael Kalina](http://3th.be/2011/05/04/in-dieser-reihenfolge/) (Written in German)
– [Craig Grannell](http://reverttosaved.com/2011/05/04/what-would-you-buy-first-or-my-favourite-mac-apps/)
– [David Silva](http://davidsilvaonline.com/notepad/what-app-would-you-buy-first/)
– [Josef Szotten](http://josef.co.vu/post/5192554542/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Michael Rockwell](http://mickerlodeon.com/2011/05/what-would-you-buy-first/)
– [Michael Anderson](http://appleink.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/buy-first/)
– [Hugh Sissling](http://www.woooster.co.uk/?p=495)
– [Nik Fletcher](http://nikf.org/post/5194684867/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Robert Falck](http://streakmachine.com/post/5194632024/what-would-i-buy-first)
– [Michael Doan](http://michaeldoan.com/2011/05/clean-start/)
– [Brandon Bohling](http://brandonbohling.com/2011/05/04/buy-first/)
– [Jon Snyder](http://ministrymac.tumblr.com/post/5196892338/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Steven Teskey](http://therealsteventeskey.com/2011/05/04/What_Would_I_Buy_First.html)
– [Adrian Boioglu](http://www.boio.ro/experiment-ce-aplicatii-ai-cumpara-din-nou/) (In Romanian — awesome.)
– [Thomas Brand](http://www.eggfreckles.net/tech/buying-my-app-list/)
– [Giovanni Lanzani](http://blog.lanzani.nl/2011/what-would-you-buy-first/)
– [John Kmiecik](http://jkbc.co/post/5230564717/paid-applications-or-the-lack-thereof)
– [Gabriel Ponzanelli](http://gabrielponzanelli.net/2011/05/what-software-would-you-buy-first/)
– [Robert Lo Bue](http://robertlobue.com/2011/05/09/what-would-you-buy-first/)
– [Steve Lyb](http://astroaficionado.net/2011/05/09/clean-broke-apps/)
– [Jon Siddle](http://randombrainactivity.com/what-would-you-buy-first)
– [Nic Lake](http://niclake.com/2011/05/what-would-you-buy-first/)
– [Carlos Eduardo de Paula](http://carlosedp.com/posts/what-would-you-buy-first.html)
Let me know if I missed you.
Note: This site makes use of affiliate links, which may earn the site money when you buy using those links.